SO….It has been about 18 months since I posted, but I am going to try to get back into the blog game. Here a few updates in my life, in 2014 I have made some major changes and here is a high level overview of what has made this one of the most exciting year in a while:
- I stepped out of my comfort zone and made new friends, some have really changed my life others have not so much but they have all been players in this year.
- I bought a HOUSE! It is crazy, if you would have asked me this time last year if I would be sitting in my new kitchen writing this post, I would have told you are nuts.
- I have had success at work with increase responsibility and pay (the second is always nice)
- I watched one of my oldest and dearest friends tie the knot, it was crazy to think someone I spent so much time with s a child is now a married man. It was perhaps stranger than seeing my sister get married in 2013.
- I have gone on all sorts of adventures: festivals, hometown tourist destinations, seeing my world with fresh eyes.
- I have eaten a lot of great food- see the above bullet point.
- I have learned to say goodbye, goodbye to neighborhoods, people, expectations- I credit lots of this to hard work in therapy, which is something I am so proud of myself for doing.
2014 was a hell of a year and I can’t wait to see what the last few weeks and the new year have in store. I know this isn’t a big read for people, it shouldn’t be these are my own personal thoughts and musings, but I am going to work on updating more frequently.